These General Terms and Conditions shall apply to the event IT-Defense (hereinafter referred to as “the Event”) of cirosec GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”).
(1) Registrations of participants for the Event shall be taken into account by the Organizer only when they are made in writing and using the registration form provided for this purpose, and if the Organizer receives the registration 14 days prior to the beginning of the Event.
(2) The registering party shall have no claims against the Organizer for acceptance of the registration, conclusion of an agreement and granting of participant places by the Organizer.
(3) If registrations are confirmed by the Organizer, confirmation of the registration must be in written form to be legally binding.
(4) With the effective acceptance of the registration, an agreement is concluded between the registering party and the Organizer, taking into account the information in the registration and these General Terms and Conditions.
(5) The registering party shall be entitled to objectively send participants suited for the Event at his/her discretion to participate in the Event according to the number of participants mentioned in the registration.
(6) In its fair judgement, the Organizer shall be entitled to reject any participants who prove not to be suited for the Event.
(7) Announcements of and invitations to the Event by the Organizer shall not give rise to any claims for participation in the Event.
(1) The participation fee stated by the Organizer in the registration documents are indicated as net amounts, which are additionally subject to the statutory value-added tax applicable at the time of invoicing. The participation fee includes conference documents, food, beverages and evening events, provided that the Organizer offers such services at the Event. There shall be no claims for such services by the participant.
(2) The claim of the Organizer for payment of the participation fee arises with the conclusion of the agreement and shall be due 14 days after the invoice has been issued. Participation in the Event requires the invoice to be settled.
(3) The registering party shall pay the participation fee promptly and without any deduction to the indicated bank account upon receipt of the invoice.
(4) In the event of late payment, the Organizer shall be entitled to claim default interest of at least 5% above the base interest rate according to section 288 of the German Civil Code (BGB).
(5) Any offset against claims of the Organizer shall only be valid with legally asserted claims. This shall also apply to exercising any right of retention (also from section 369 of the German Commercial Code (HGB)).
Cancellation by the Registering Party or Participant
(1) In the event of cancellation of a registration up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the Event, an administration fee of €120 plus applicable VAT shall be paid for each cancelled participant of a registration.
(2) In the event of cancellation of a registration up to one week prior to the beginning of the Event, 50% of the participation fee shall be paid for each cancelled participant of a registration.
(3) In the event of cancellation of a registration of less than one week prior to the beginning of the Event, 100% of the participation fee shall be paid for each cancelled participant of a registration.
(4) The registering party may provide a substitute participant at any time.
(5) Further statutory claims of the Organizer against the registering party on the occasion of participation cancellation shall remain unaffected.
(6) Cancellations shall be made in writing to be effective.
Cancellation by the Organizer
(1) The Organizer shall be entitled to cancel the Event due to a number of participants deemed too low at its fair judgement up to 14 days prior to the beginning of the Event. In the event of cancellation of the Event by the Organizer, whatever the reason, the participant is not entitled to any claims against the Organizer for the reason of cancellation, particularly claims for damages or claims for participation in an alternative Event.
(2) There shall be no claim for compensation by the Organizer regarding cancelled Events.
(1) It is strictly prohibited to copy any documents provided by the Organizer to the participant on the occasion of the Event as well as is taking away any copies of such documents from the Event venue.
(2) The registering party shall be liable to the Organizer for compliance with the provision of the foregoing paragraph (1) also for third parties that the registering party sends to participate in the Event.
(3) Any violation of these General Terms and Conditions by the registering party and by one of his/her registered participants commits the registering party to provide compensation for any damages.
(4) In the event of total or partial invalidity of one or several clauses of these General Terms and Conditions, the effectiveness of any other clauses of these General Terms and Conditions and of the Event agreement shall remain unaffected.
(5) The court of jurisdiction shall be Heilbronn.